Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thinking of stuff from a new perspective

Ever think of what high school would've been like if you were not associated with sports? I have, what if we were not in the P.I.T the football or basketball games or didnt attend any sporting events at all.

During the senior retreat I was roomed with a member of the band, and I started thinking about this concept late that night. It got me thinking other than having the ocassional class with this person we have totally different ways of high school. Noticing that other than playing at the football games in the band I've yet to see him at any other sporting events, and how different our "Journey" must've been all four years. He wouldnt attend sports as i would not attend a band concert and this made me realize how different our lives have been here at STJ. We both know and have met new people, some he's met and became great friends with people. What would my life have been if we took the other paths of each other? What if we were in each others friends or got to know the same people... How different each situation would've been.

Even though we all say we have became so much closer with our class there will always have been a difinite split between certain people, and maybe we all wonder the same things everyonce in a while. I played hoops, he played an instrument lifestyle splits the way of the journey...

2 comments:

  1. everyone has their destiny in life... his was being a musician yours was to be an athlete... yall not get to pick roommates? we did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had bob gray...the man. we've had similar paths, a lot of sports and a lot of naps haha

    ReplyDelete